Learning about Christ
The Gospel is simple…
The simplicity of the gospel of Jesus Christ allows everyone who hears it to accept it and be born again.
The Apostle Paul reminded the church in Corinth that he had presented to them a simple gospel. (I Corinthians 2:1-5)
- He didn’t use big words
- Just wanted to share about Jesus and the Crucifixion and what it all meant for them.
- Paul was found simple, even weak in their presence–ordinary, and shared with deep concern
- Words were shared in demonstration of the work of the gospel by changing lives so their faith would be in God and the work of His Holy Spirit.
Here, I want to do the same. If you have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ, or you have had someone try to explain it in a way that is confusing or difficult. Please give me the opportunity to explain it to you in simple terms.
- God loves everyone, for the Bible tells us in John 3:16 (For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
- God gave us His Son Jesus because sin had separated us from fellowship and relationship with Him. Romans 3:23 (For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.)
- The consequences of sin is separation from God and death. Romans 6:23 (For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.)
- God forgives sin, when you admit you have sinned and sincerely ask God to forgive you. He has promised that He will forgive you. 1st John 1:9 ( If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.)
- You become saved and born again once you have accepted the Holy Spirit’s invitation (the knock on your hearts door). Admit you are a sinner. Believe in your heart, that Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life. Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose again on the third day. Ascended to the Father and is coming back again. This is the message of The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Perhaps you have never said a prayer and don’t know how to pray. We invite you to sincerely pray with all your heart the sinner’s prayer:
Lord Jesus, I ask you to forgive me of my sins. I believe that you died on the cross for my sins, and was buried and on the third day rose again. I ask you to be the Lord and Savior of my life and to be with me. Help me to follow you, all the days of my life. Amen.
If you prayed that prayer sincerely, not just speaking words but from your heart, then you are saved. Please contact us and/ or your local church to share your good news.
We encourage you to connect with a local church and follow up with believers baptism and begin your life of service and witness for The Lord.
God loves you. If you love Him, then accept Jesus as the way for you to have eternal life. He says if you love Him, then you will keep his commandments, which are all simple acts of love toward others and a loyal commitment to His cause-Go and tell someone else what He has done for you.
This is a video interview at WJCR with Don Powell, Jr. talking about Angela’s ministry.